Merry CFS and a Happy M.E.
Posted by amber | My Diary | Posted on December 20th, 2010
Christmas time is not for the faint hearted and definately not for those of us with CFS.
1. LATE NIGHTS – there are many of these at this time of the year and this does not suit the vertically challenged as we need our 8 hours.
2. ALCOHOL – i am not sure about you but I can not drink with out feeling truly gross the next day and Christmas and New Year is all about adding more punch to your punch.
3. HOT WEATHER – if you live in Cape Town as I do, this time of year is really hot and all I want to do is find a huge bath of ice and lie there. I do not do heat.
4. COLD – if you are however in the northern hemisphere and have CFS, cold, wet weather is no treat either. Actually I think I am more fortunate experiencing the hot.
5. TOURISTS – Cape Town in December = chaos. Too many people, too many bad drivers; very busy malls; very busy restaurants; packed beaches. All too much for those of us wanting quiet, calm, silence and nothing that is too bright or noisey.
6. SHOPPING – this just takes longer for CF’s . If you didnt start in October, you are so behind its best you start celebrating your Christmas around Valentines Day.
7. ACCIDENTS – this time of the year we have a massive increase in road deaths due to the fact that everyone is rushing to be on holiday; drinking too much and driving; or just generally shorter of temper. And requests for blood donations go up. But don’t you guys worry as this does not mean you … i have just read that CFS sufferers are not allowed to donate blood until more is known about the virus. Is this a plus????
I love having a Christmas Tree even though it is summer here.
I love receiving presents.
I love giving presents.
I love my moms trifle and her Xmas dinner.
I love that my brother and his girlfriend are here to celebrate with us this year.
I love that we get to drink more champagne and don’t need a reason.
I love dressing up.
I love opening presents on Xmas day as I have done for 40 years with my family!!!!!!!!!
I love that we are nearing the end of this year and that next has to be better.
HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO YOU…