Queen for a day
Posted by amber | My Diary | Posted on August 28th, 2010
I think that each of us should be Queen for a day, or King for a hour, or at least a Sir for a second !!!!!! We should all find a Kingdom in which we reign. Now I don’t mean you should find a piece of land or a country and take it over by force declaring your self the monarchy! NO, we all need to find an area in our lives where we rule.
So where to start
- Decide what you are to be Queen of. Maybe its only your kitchen or maybe its in your car. You can even decide to be Queen in your imagination. Find a realm which you think you can be in charge of even if for only 15 minutes. You could be Drama Queen, a Drag Queen, a Beauty Queen…
- Get dressed for the part. If you’re Queen of your kitchen, don your oven gloves, apron and throw in a tiara and heels!!!!!!!! You could also go out and purchase that special “I am the Queen today” outfit.
- Now declare yourself Queen. Hear the applause; note the bowing; the ooohs the aaahs!
- Maybe you need a Royal anthem? Raid your music and find your favourite song. Play it loud and sing it loudly. Maybe you need a soundtrack or a Queen compilation?
- Bring in some rules.
- Get some courtiers/slaves/jesters/ladies in waiting. If at home rope in the dogs and cats. In your car – get those jiggling dog heads; a blow up doll!@#@$$#%#$
- Now the hard part … speak posh. You need to get some juicy, big, complicated words to throw into conversation. So if need be buy a thesaurus, which will give you dozens of options on the most mundane words.
- Start listening to only the intellectual radio and TV stations. Maybe even buy a intellectual magazine. You have to keep the role up.
- Make up your own set of rules and break the ones you don’t like! After all that’s what Queens do.
- Practise the royal wave, walk and smile! Royals are never in a hurry; they always look content and waving seems to be the national sport.
Well I am off to my little Kingdom. So goodbye faithful followers and await the next Royal Decree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Queen slowly walks away; gentle wave of her hand and contented smile upon her lips……)